Model9 and Cohesity are pleased to announce the rollout of a joint, unified, cloud data management platform that incorporates mainframe-based data and operations.
The joint Model9/Cohesity solution eliminates the need for legacy mainframe storage systems – such as tapes and VTLs, and provides enterprise users with a unified platform for cloud backup, archive, and DR operations.
The Model9 / Cohesity Environment:
Today, most mainframe data is hosted in proprietary storage silos, making the information difficult to manage and analyze. The joint Model9/Cohesity solution meets this challenge, unlocking the mainframe data, and presenting enterprises with a unified, organization-wide data management platform – making the data accessible and easily leveraged for use by value-enhancing analytics and BI applications.
The joint solution was recently deployed at a leading U.S. financial institution that wished to modernize their data center operations – retiring legacy backup and tape management products, reducing reliance on legacy mainframe skills, and adopting the solution’s easy-to-use graphical user interface.
Model9 is now also a part of the Cohesity Marketplace. Using the app, Cohesity customers can transition from an expensive Virtual Tape System to Cohesity DataPlatform, consolidating data silos – to be managed in one place.
The Joint Model9-Cohesity solution offers the following benefits:
- Modernize backup, archive, and DR operations with a flexible software architecture that supports data management, on-premises or in any cloud.
- No more data silos – manage organizational data operations across locations and technologies from a single, unified software platform.
- Lower TCO by replacing tape systems, VTLs and tape-management software with affordable cloud data management.
- Utilize the solution’s phenomenal deduplication capabilities to significantly reduce data footprint – leading to significantly lower costs and reduced risk.
- Leverage mainframe data for value-added business intelligence initiatives and analytics
Click here for more information about the Model9 / Cohesity solution