Backend Team Leader
Model9 is looking for a talented and motivated software team leader with a passion for software architecture and desire to lead people. If you love learning new and diverse technologies that demand high performance standards while handling data at scale, we want to hear from you.
Backed by world-class investors like Intel Capital, Model9 is a hyper-growth startup working with the largest companies in the world to drive DataOps innovation by liberating previously inaccessible petabytes of data and moving it to the cloud for analytics, AI, and machine learning.
As a leader in our growing R&D group, this is a high-impact role with huge influence on the product and development cycle, as well as the culture and organization of our R&D team. You will shape the design of the system, set standards for quality and delivery, and engage with customers to find creative solutions to problems.
Our system consists of on-prem agents connected to enterprise storage units, working with multi-cloud data management API & web services. The Platform team that you will build and lead is responsible for the main logic of the various microservices of the Model9 product.
- Building and leading a team of Java developers and QA experts
- Tech design, plan, implement, and test new features, including hands-on programming
- Set standards for code quality, testing, automation, and performance
- Working closely with the Product team to align on acceptance criterias
- Taking responsibility for new feature releases
- Integration with other R&D teams
- Mentor team members
- Find solutions raised by customer on support issues
- Prioritize based on risk, timelines, and quality
- 6 years or more of programming in a JVM-language (Java, Groovy, Kotlin, Scala)
- 2 years or more of experience of leading a team of software developers in a software company
- Proven experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps best practices and tools (such as Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, JMH, Ansible)
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Fast-learner, excited by learning new technologies
- Strong problem-solving and diagnostic skills
- Leadership skills to coach up and mentor team members
- Proven experience in software architecture and design considerations
- Excellent English communication skills
- Know how to balance between timelines, quality, and human considerations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- 8 years or more of programming in Java
- 2 years or more of developing and maintaining an on-prem enterprise software product
- C/C++ development experience
- Networking/storage/mainframe systems experience
- Operating systems internals knowledge
Our location: WeWork Shoken, 23 Shoken St, Tel Aviv
This is not a remote position – it’s open in the Tel Aviv area.