Big Data Product Manager
Model9 is looking for a Data Product Manager, with a passion for enterprise software and a deep understanding of data and AI to lead the product activities for our new data lake house offering. If you’re excited about making Petabytes of enterprise data accessible to the world – you belong with us!
You will join our growing Product team and build a strategic solution to make our customers’ most critical data part of their data ecosystem, and drive actionable insights to grow their revenue!
In this role you will own the product roadmap, competitive market analysis, and product release activities. You will work closely with the R&D, Solution Engineer, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure the product is well positioned across all functions.
You will also help develop, execute, and measure product adoption and customer satisfaction.
Backed by world-class investors like Intel Capital, Model9 is a hyper-growth startup driving innovation by working with the largest companies in the world to liberate previously inaccessible petabytes of data to the cloud for analytics, AI, and machine learning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our new Data Lake House service and lead i’s end-to-end execution from inception to launch.
- Identify data challenges related to data lakes holding petabytes of data, that need to be utilized for AI and analytics, and suggest efficient solutions
- Define the data journey and the user journey in our new service: discovery, ingestion, validation, lineage, catalog, and APIs
- Build relationships with our customers and prospects to learn their goals, pains, and needs to be reflected as product requirements
- Lead sprints, planning, and retrospectives and manage an agile team of data engineers
- Write detailed and clear specs, and define KPIs for better product decisions
- Create materials to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- 3+ years of product management experience with proven impact
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer/BI Engineer/System Analyst or similar – a MUST
- Experience with data platforms, including ETLs, data pipelines, data warehousing, and analytics tools (Power BI, QuickSight)
- Technical understanding and experience with cloud integration systems
- Understanding of data ecosystems and big & Cloud data technologies (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- A great team player mentality with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication & analytical skills, with a sense of how to prioritize and foresee product risks
- Independant mentality vis-a-vis your own responsibilities.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of SQL or SQL-like data management languages