Backed by world-class investors like Intel Capital, Model9 is a hyper-growth startup driving DataOps innovation by working with the largest companies in the world to liberate previously inaccessible petabytes of data to the cloud for analytics, AI, and machine learning.
About the role:
Model9 is looking for an excellent Product Manager, with a solid background in storage/data technologies (cloud), to join our Product team and lead the Cloud Data Management Platform to the next level.
In this role you will own the product roadmap, competitive market analysis, and product release activities. You will work closely with R&D, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales teams to ensure the product is well positioned across all functions.
You will be helping to develop, execute, and measure product adoption and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Know our product—be the ‘go-to-person’ for internal and external inquiries
- Gather stakeholder requirements, as part of the product roadmap and backlog
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from concept through execution while working with top-notch R&D and solution engineers
- Write user stories to reflect your ideas and vision
- Develop the core content for product releases, and provide the Sales and Field teams with the tools, materials, and insights required for success
- Develop and maintain competitive analysis documents
- Maintain up-to-date product through customer insights, market research, and analysis of the product’s performance
- Communicate and present to internal and external stakeholders
- 3+ years as a B2B Technical Product Manager
- BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with cloud data management products—a must
- Professional and relevant experience with customers or end users
- Hands-on, data driven approach with the ability to work on several projects, with different stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ex-Software Architect/Engineer (5+ years)
- Experience with cloud BI/AI/Analytics services
- Background in IT/Infrastructure
- Familiarity with cloud services
- Experience with platforms & integrations from different services