Professional Services Engineer
Model9, a pioneer of cloud data management for mainframe, is on a mission to accelerate digital transformation and adoption of cloud technologies and economics in large enterprises by modernizing mainframe data management and business intelligence.
- Responsibility for on-boarding customers once customer bought the Model9 software until the product is fully operational in production
- In a post-sales leading consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped
- Understand customer’s technical needs related to a specific implementation or specific product (i.e. Backup, archive, Cloud Data Sets, transformation service).
- Design end-to end solution for the customer and help our customers to optimize and accelerate their Model9 journey to the cloud in an optimized way
- Identify and resolve customer issues during the installation and implementation process
- Develop scripts for both integration of Model9 into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of our solution
- Ensure new onboarding success with thorough Customer Success Team, meeting deadlines and frequent communication
- Provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised on new solutions.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Model9 solutions.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs
- 2+ years as a z/OS Storage Administrator or System Programmer
- Basic knowledge in z/OS Unix System Services
- Basic Linux skills
- Networking knowledge in areas such as LAN, WAN, Routing, DNS and HTTPS
- Experience in performance monitoring, WLM and RMF
- Understanding of Object Storage protocols and capabilities