[Webinar] Modernize your Mainframe Data Management to Unlock Business Insights
Model9 Cloud Data Platform
Model9 Cloud Data Platform modernizes mission-critical data operations and offers a seamless software-based solution to disocver, move, transform and manage data in the private or public cloud.
The Model9 Cloud Data Platform is an operating environment which includes a full set of core data management functions that are common to the cloud data management for mainframe suite of products.
- Perform backup, archive, space management, and disaster recovery using cloud-based or on-premises object storage
- Compatible with DFSMS
- Create immutable data copies and air-gapped 3rd copies in the cloud with end-to-end compression and encryption
- Write mainframe data directly to the cloud, with no need for interim DASD storage or having to rewrite JCL.
- Transition to a cloud storage infrastructure
- Eliminate the need for tape and VTL systems
- Eliminate the need for expensive and complex tape management software
- Transform mainframe data (such as DB2 image copies) to standard or open formats – including JSON, CSV, and XML
- Instantly access transformed mainframe data for integration with cloud-based applications
- ELT (unlike ETL) – transformation is done in the cloud, letting you leverage cloud economics
The Model9 Cloud Data Platform is made of two components – a zIIP-eligible agent running on z/OS and a management server running in a Docker container on Linux, Linux on Z, or zCX. The agent reads and writes mainframe data from DASD or tape directly to cloud storage over TCP/IP. A data set import policy provides automatic discovery of tape data sets and facilitates transferring large amounts of historical data from tape to the cloud.
Model9 uses the ELT approach (extract, load, transform), meaning the data undergoes transformation only after its transfer to the cloud. That process is faster and less expensive than traditional ETL (extract, transform, load), where any access to data requires transformation on the mainframe.
- Automatically discover mainframe data sets and select the ones you want to backup, archive, or just write data to an object storage target, directly.
- Move mainframe data according to flexible policies that best fits your business requirements to a lower storage tier in private / public cloud
- Transform data into insights by seamlessly converting native mainframe data to common data formats
- Manage, monitor and control mainframe data in a modern fashion, whether it is cold data kept in low-cost storage for backup, archive, or hot data that is accessed frequently by your mainframe applications
- High performance data transfer over TCP/IP, leveraging compression and parallelism
- Transfer data directly to the cloud – no interim disk storage required
- Unlimited scale
- Data is encrypted – in flight and at rest
- Create highly-secure, off-platform backup copies that can be quickly recovered following a cyberattack
- Leverage WORM storage and air-gap storage
- Bare-metal recovery (stand-alone restore) directly from the cloud
- Cloud storage is 3x cheaper than proprietary tape storage
- Eliminate the need for backup management, tape management, tape security, and reporting software
- Reduce peak MSU and total monthly MSU consumption by offloading over 60% of data management processing to zIIPs
- Software only solution deployed on-prem or in the cloud
- Manage mainframe data using a web-based graphical user interface
- RESTful API for integration with DevOps
- CLI commands from TSO/E and batch
- Runs side by side your current legacy solution for simplified implementation