Next Webinar on Sept. 22: How Nedbank Connected Their Mainframe to the Cloud with Model9 & Microsoft Azure
Cloud Data Manager for Mainframe
Model9’s Cloud Data Manager for Mainframe modernizes mission-critical data operations and offers a seamless software-based solution to discover, move, transform and manage data in the private or public cloud.
- Perform backup, archive, space management, and disaster recovery using cloud-based or on-premises object storage
- Compatible with DFSMS
- Replace legacy storage management software, while reducing MSU outlays by 90%
- Write mainframe data directly to the cloud, with no need for interim DASD storage or having to rewrite JCL.
- Transition to a cloud storage infrastructure
- Eliminate the need for tape and VTL systems
- Eliminate the need for expensive and complex tape management software
- Transform mainframe data (such as DB2 image copies) to standard or open formats – including JSON, CSV, and XML
- Instantly access transformed mainframe data for integration with cloud-based applications
- ELT (unlike ETL) – transformation is done in the cloud, letting you leverage cloud economics
The Model9 cloud-based technology enables data orchestration with any object storage using standard protocols, without legacy hardware or software required. Data is accessed and transformed with no target storage lock-in, allowing you to have full control of your data.
- Automatically discover mainframe data sets and select the ones you want to backup, archive, or just write data to an object storage target, directly.
- Move mainframe data according to flexible policies that best fits your business requirements to a lower storage tier in private / public cloud
- Transform data into insights by seamlessly converting native mainframe data to common data formats
- Manage, monitor and control mainframe data in a modern fashion, whether it is cold data kept in low-cost storage for backup, archive, or hot data that is accessed frequently by your mainframe applications
- High performance data transfer over TCP/IP, leveraging compression and parallelism
- Transfer data directly to the cloud – no interim disk storage required
- Unlimited scale
- Data is encrypted – in flight and at rest
- Create highly-secure, off-platform backup copies that can be quickly recovered following a cyberattack
- Leverage WORM storage and air-gap storage
- Bare-metal recovery (stand-alone restore) directly from the cloud
- Cloud storage is 3x cheaper than proprietary tape storage
- Eliminate the need for backup management, tape management, tape security, and reporting software
- Reduce peak MSU and total monthly MSU consumption by offloading over 60% of data management processing to zIIPs
- Software only solution deployed on-prem or in the cloud
- Manage mainframe data using a web-based graphical user interface
- RESTful API for integration with DevOps
- CLI commands from TSO/E and batch
- Runs side by side your current legacy solution for simplified implementation